Guiseley AFC Community Foundation are once again organising a Food Bank Collection on behalf of Otley Food Bank and Aireborough Children’s Centre in time for the food to be distributed over the Christmas Period.
Otley Food Bank (part of Churches Together) provide support for people in crisis, not only in Otley but across the Aireborough District.
As well as Otley Food Bank the Foundation will be supporting Aireborough Children’s Centre who have identified families in need of support.
Over the previous four years Guiseley AFC’s players, staff, volunteers, supporters and the wider Aireborough Community have been extremely generous.
The football club has received donations of several hundred pounds worth of food, toiletries, pet food and Christmas related treats, exceeding expectations each year.
We are again asking everyone to come together as a community to support this local good cause at the Brackley Townhome game on Saturday 7th December.
Drop off points will be just inside the turnstiles and in the Otley Road car park by the cricket club entrance from noon until 3pm.
Types of Donations Sought:
- Tinned meat, fish and pies, and jars of meat paste
- Tinned vegetables
- Instant mash and tinned potatoes
- Cristmas pudding or tinned sponge puddings
- Custard, jelly and other dessert items
- Stuffing and gravy granules
- Savoury and sweet biscuits
- Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar and UHT milk
- Tinned fruit
- Tinned and packet soup and Cup a Soup
- Jam, peanut butter and chocolate spread
- Long life fruit juice and cordial
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Pasta and Rice
- Beans and pulses
- Pasta sauces and other types of cooking sauces
- Toiletries, toilet rolls and cleaning products
- Cat and dog food
- Selection boxes or Seasonal goodies