The Guiseley Community Foundation has recently received notification that it’s 2017/2018 ‘Community Health for All’ Project will be funded by the National League Trust to the tune of 65 percent of its total cost.
This means that continuous funding has been received for it’s projects since the Foundation’s inception in 2013.
The Community Health for All Project will use te Power of Sport to:
- Increase Co-ordination in the Very Young
- Encourage Participation in School Sport
- Provide Educational Opportunities
- Reduce Anti-Social Behaviour
- Encourage Healthy Life Styles
- Providing Assistance for the Vulnerable, Elderly and those with Dementia
This follows on from last years project also partially funded by the National League Trust which entailed:
- Working with Guiseley Vixens on Girls Elite football development for U16’s
- Offering daytime Walking Football and Boot Camp sessions on the 3G pitch at Nethermoor
- Improving the health of adults with learning disabilities through football and fitness
- Expanding our schools work through Healthy Hearts, football skills and social history project
- Providing a helping hand to Sunshine and Smiles, providing a football kit and engaging them with Guiseley AFC
The Foundation will be launching a new website shortly which will have the details of all it’s activities and news together with items on the main club website at guiseleyafc.co.uk
The Guiseley Community Foundation would like to express it’s gratitude to the National League Trust, The Premier League and The Professional Footballers Association for their continued support.
It would also like to thank those local companies and individuals who have made donations to help make up the remaining 35 percent of the required funding, these being:
- SR Decorating
- Golley Slater PRM
- PWH Financial Planning
- Susan Clapham
If you would like to join them in supporting the Foundation’s work in the community please complete the Donations Form which will be auto emailed to Phil Rogerson